Light Iron has built a reputation for being a technical leader and innovator in the file-based post production community. We look for team members excited to be at the cutting edge of the ever changing digital cinema revolution.
Browse the opportunities below to become a member of our fast-growing team!
The Vice President of Engineering is responsible for overseeing and maintaining all technical aspects of the Company, as well as providing technical leadership and training for Engineering employees as the Company evolves. Using an active and practical approach, the Vice President of Engineering will direct all employees in the Engineering Department—as well as work alongside them—to attain the Company’s strategic goals.
- Oversee the Company’s Engineering Department in maintaining the equipment infrastructure in each of the Light Iron Facilities (Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, Albuquerque, and future locations), including the remote Dailies systems.
- Work in a consultative fashion with every major department in the Company, such as Production, Operations, and Marketing, as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Employee must demonstrate expertise in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures. Areas of concentration include:
- IT / Engineering
- Machine Room / Network Operations Center
- Online editing / Conform / Color Correction
- Theaters / Bays
- Remote and onsite Dailies, archive, and verification systems
- Offline Editorial Systems
- Oversee all equipment upgrades, installations, testing, and general maintenance – delegating responsibilities as appropriate to other Engineering Department staff.
- Create proposals for equipment upgrades, replacements, and/or trades.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with outside company manufacturers and vendors.
- Research technological innovations to determine potential for implementation; allocate time for off-site training and product demonstrations.
- Participate in planning/creation/exhibition of Company programming, seminars, and webinars.
- Represent the Company at industry events, panels, and presentations.
- Remain on-call after hours for emergency support.
- Recruit new engineering talent and foster staff development.
- Act as a good steward of the Company’s resources, ensuring control of departmental budgets, as well as planning for short-term and long-term needs.
- BS in related field and at least 15 years of experience in the Information Technology arena, with at least 10 years of management and strategic experience in this field.
- Deep understanding of video technologies and systems.
- Expert knowledge of technological trends to build strategy.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Experience thinking and acting strategically and proactively.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Understanding of budgets and business planning.
This position requires occasional lifting and moving of light to medium-weighted objects (10-50 pounds).
We offer competitive pay and a benefits program including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Light Iron, a Panavision company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email resumes (PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-offs will be considered.