Light Iron has built a reputation for being a technical leader and innovator in the file-based post production community. We look for team members excited to be at the cutting edge of the ever changing digital cinema revolution.
Browse the opportunities below to become a member of our fast-growing team!
The Post Production Systems Administrator I supports all IT and engineering requests from staff and clients in our Los Angeles facility. Applicants must have a minimum 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work independently, and who has excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills. In addition, this person must be able to detect and solve technical and workflow issues that arise throughout the facility. Since the position involves frequent communication with staff and clients, an ideal candidate will also have an approachable and friendly demeanor and will be able to explain technical information to non-technical users. Finally, the ideal candidate must be committed to quality and have a passion for new technologies.
- Experience installing and supporting computing hardware and software:
- Apple OS X (Client + Server)
- Microsoft Windows
- Wire Management
- Pulling cable
- Other assignments as instructed
- Experience with post production systems including DVS Clipster, and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, AVID, FCP, Adobe CS
- Experience with DCI cinema projectors, cinema servers, and Dolby audio systems
- Experience with Aspera and similar web-based file transport tools
- Experience administering the Storage Area Networks:
- Experience supporting the networking and connectivity platforms including the following:
- Firewalls, routing, and VPN
- Network switches
- Video signals and routing
This position requires occasional lifting and moving of medium-weighted objects (10-50 pounds).
We offer competitive pay and a benefits program including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Light Iron, a Panavision company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email resume & cover letter (PDF format only) to postproductionsysadminLA@