Q: How do I learn to operate OUTPOST, LILY PAD, or LILY PAD CASE?
A: Light Iron provides training materials through a private website for OUTPOST Enterprise members. You will have access to up-to-date training videos and downloads. If you want in-person training, a Light Iron technician can travel to your city for additional fees.
Q: What software package runs on OUTPOST, LILY PAD, or LILY PAD CASE?
A: Light Iron provides all the necessary software and licensing required to create today’s professional deliverables. Key software components include:
- Light Iron Command Post - customized checksum & data management tool
- Express Dailies - customized ColorFront processing suite
- Light Iron Server - customized reporting, meta-data tracking, and iPad integration system
- Light Iron Target Range - customized easy-to-use TAR LTO software
- BRU PE – LTO archiving software
- AVID Media Composer 6
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Creative Suite 6
Q: What types of services do OUTPOST, LILY PAD, or LILY PAD CASE provide?
A: Each Enterprise mobile system is capable of providing the same services, but the larger systems bring improved horsepower, increased speed, and enhanced multi-tasking. Key services include:
- checksums of all data transfers
- downloads over eSata or SAS
- high-speed raided storage
- CDL color correction
- tactile surface integration
- SDI video monitoring
- ACES color space monitoring & management
- automated & manual audio syncing
- geometry, scaling, de-squeezing, and aspect ratio adjustments
- customizable window burn configurations
- customizable watermarking
- rendering of DNxHD, ProRes, H.264, DPX, EXR, TIFF
- wireless iPad dailies syncing
- scene and take metadata entry
- ALE editing
- data QC reporting
- disk cataloging
Q: Can I mix camera formats using an Enterprise mobile system?
A: Yes. The base systems automatically support formats captured by Arri Alexa (ProRes), Canon 5D, and GoPro cameras. For Arri RAW, RED, F65, C500, and other camera formats, Enterprise members can order customized camera processing packages for the duration of their projects.
Q: How do I receive my mobile system if I am outside of Los Angeles?
A: Light Iron provides customized shipping containers for all systems that cannot be picked up in Los Angeles. These reusable containers are designed for shipping each system fully intact and ready for use immediately after being received in the target location.
Q: How many mobile systems can I take possession of?
A: The number of systems for each member is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If your needs require a large infrastructure, or your needs grow over time, you may place orders for multiple systems.
Q: How do I know if I qualify for OUTPOST Enterprise?
A: Light Iron will run a qualifying process on potential OUTPOST Enterprise members, but otherwise has no restrictions on membership.
Q: What happens if I don’t use my mobile system often?
A: If a system is not used for eight weeks, Light Iron reserves the right to retake possession of the system and deploy it elsewhere. There is no penalty to the member if a mobile system must be returned for lack of use.
Q: Can I just purchase a mobile system?
A: Because Light Iron handles all the warranties, 24-hour tech support, software and hardware upgrades, repair, and ongoing training, purchasing a system would eliminate access to these benefits. Parties interested in purchasing can contact Light Iron, but OUTPOST Enterprise does not currently offer outright purchasing options.