Your search for an internship at a cutting-edge post production house has finally led you here. Light Iron is a file-based digital intermediate facility providing on-set services, color correction, and finishing to feature, episodic, commercial, and web-bound projects. We offer paid internship opportunities to college/university students interested in being a part of the ever-changing revolution of digital cinema.
Internships are available in our Los Angeles and New York locations according to this timeline:
- March 1 – May 1: Application period for Summer internships (May-August)
- July 1 – Sept 1: Application period for Fall internships (August-December)
- October 1 – December 1: Application period for Spring internships (January-May)
Interns have the opportunity to focus on one of the following areas:
- General: Assist with media tracking and client services.
- OUTPOST: Assist with systems and software for mobile post production.
- IT/Engineering: Assist with network and equipment maintenance.
- Finance: Assist with research and tracking of business data.
- Marketing: Assist with communications and events.
Required intern qualifications:
- An interest in post production
- Problem-solving skills
- Proactive attitude
- Sense of humor
- Valid driver license and a reliable car (for LA positions)
Preferred intern qualifications:
- Camera knowledge for OUTPOST candidates
- Systems administration or software coding experience for IT/Engineering candidates
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for Marketing candidates
General internship details:
- Internships are available for three months every Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Interns are encouraged to receive college/university credit.
- Interns must be available at least two days a week, Monday through Friday.
- We afford our interns a lot of freedom, so those candidates who constantly seek out work and ask questions will have a much richer experience than those waiting for tasks to be delegated.